Property in Westminster
Cost Per Sq Ft (Q3 2015) £1050 - £1750
Westminster within the Borough of Westminster, is a small area situated to the east of Vauxhall Bridge Road and spreading east to St. James's Park. Sometimes referred to as Westminster Village, the area has long been popular with the political elite, but in recent years, has become increasingly popular with a wider variety of buyers and renters.
In 2013 and 2014, capital growth for Westminster outperformed both Chelsea and nearby Mayfair.
Properties Available in Westminster
Due to the area's history, reputation and associations with government, property in Westminster is highly sought-after. Many parts of Westminster date back several hundred years which offers a fantastic backdrop to city life.
In contrast to other prime central areas, Westminster has a broad mix of architectural styles, including converted former office buildings, Georgian townhouses and glass-fronted new-builds.
- Mix of Victorian, Georgian, 1930's Mansion Blocks and modern developments
- 87.8% of housing stock are apartments
- Most apartments are period purpose-built mansion apartments
- Converted period properties including commercial and government buildings
- Modern developments are extremely sought-after
- Large numbers of Peabody Trust buildings throughout the area
- Central location
- Excellent choice of apartment buildings
- Area becoming more residential
- Lacks a focal point
- Lack of green space
Westminster Buying Agents
The London Property Scout locate the finest properties in Westminster based on our clients' requirements. To find out more about our property buying services, please contact us here.
West and Central West London
Chelsea SW3, SW10, Chiswick W4, SW10, Earls Court SW5, Fulham SW6, Hammersmith W6, Shepherd's Bush W12, Holland Park W8, W11, W14, Kensington W8, W14, SW7, Maida Vale & Little Venice W9, W2, Notting Hill Gate W8, W11
North and Central North London
East and Central East London
The City EC2, EC3, Clerkenwell & Farringdon EC1, EC2, Shoreditch & Hoxton EC1, E1, N1
South and South West London